Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thinking of others

Today while i was in my car listening to this Christian  radio station .A story struck me as i was  listening to the station, first they were asking for donation and for you to make a special prayer request for somebody. I heard a story of this girl who had filed for unemployment and works a day a week. I learnt about how this girl decided to pray for her loved ones and friends who had some kind of problems or disease. After she was asked several times she kept mentioning other peoples name , this girl never at one point request to pray for a job for herself and when she was asked why doesn't she pray for herself she replied that there are so many who has it worst than she has it so she is grateful for what God had done for her. If i were in this girls shoes the first prayer i would have requested for myself and that is the thing with most of us we are so concerned about God blessing us that we forget about our love one or friends who need prayers too.

1 comment:

  1. Omggggg.... Mikeyyy, this is such a touching blog. And my brotha you are so right. The world has become such a selfish place these days that we tend to forget about other ppls plights and just focus on ours. Wat a world this is. You get to be lucky to come across ppl such as this girl ever so often and they tend to remind you of the kindness of the others. Thx my brother for writing this blog, you just reminded me as well of there are ppl out there that are far of worst than i am in terms if crisis. Nice piece,keep it up.

    ReplyDelete